Translate

23 November, 2017

Quail

I love these images, there is a set.  We have quail running around here and it always makes my day to see them; they are such handsome birds with their little topknot bob-bob-bobbing.    As it is late spring/early summer, we are hoping to see some babies soon.

I masked the image and sponged DInk in the grasses, put WoS over the birds.  It is hard to see but there are scored lines top and bottom to add to the border and frame it.  Click on the image for a closer look.









Image: Pickled Potpourri
Coloured with Copic pens
Distress inks
Wink of Stella
White gel pen
Glitter tape


Shared on challenges:
cutecardthursday-504-birdsanimals
southerngirls-lets-get-inky
sheepski-designs-8-show-us-your-wings
2craftycrittercrazieschallenge-8
cardsundmore-198-things-with-wings
deepocean-168-things-with-wings
creativeknockouts-220-border-time
disdigidesigns-things-with-wings-tails-andor-feathers
deepocean-171-fave-card-project-2017

8 comments:

Silke said...

Such a lovely card. Love your coloring. Thank you so much for taking part in our Things with wings challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Silke

Bunny said...

Lovely, Carol. Clicking on the image definitely helped me see it better. The colors are fabulous. [Bunny]

Dawn T said...

These are gorgeous quail Carol. It is a really sweet card.

Rika said...

Stunning card, this is so lovely!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that is so striking and elegant Carol! What a fab image and so beautifully and simply finished with the lovely embossed lines. Love the touch of sparkle with the gold strip too. So serene and lovely! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Unknown said...

great card so lovely :)
thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again 🙂
Greetings
DT heike 🙂

Cara said...

You lovely card has brought back a sweet memory for me Carol. My grandmother loved quails and was very protective of them on the ranch so they basically had the run of the place. When she passed on, I was given a couple of small quail figurines that were made for her. I just love them and they always remind me of her when I see them :O)

Thanks for sharing with us at SheepSki Designs! Good luck! (Hugs) Cara
SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
TTCRD Challenge Blog {Owner}

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Lovely! I can almost hear them, your quails are so wonderful.