Translate

27 July, 2015

Bust out the Flags

Flags; Monochromatic.

Starting with the purple paper:  I stamped the torn-look hole using black ink.  Then I stamped again on rubbish paper which I used as a mask for a bleach technique (actually using toilet cleaner instead of ink) with a HeroArts background newsprint stamp.  I cut the middle out and stamped the sentiment on white card.  I stamped flags on white card and glued them to cord with knots on either end to hang from.  Matted the whole thing onto black card, then onto a white base card.  I like the 3D-ish look of the torn centre, and the colours go well together too.

Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment.

Torn Stamp: Artifacts
Flag Stamps: Hero Arts
Newsprint stamp: Hero Arts


Shared on challenge:

http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/92-bannerflag.html

http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/challenge-20-monochromatic-using-purple.html

3 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very pretty. Love the colour. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxxx

Camille Short said...

Adorable how you tore back the paper to make a frame. Love your use of purple! Glad you could join us at Get Creative Challenges!

Camille - Design Team

Annette_Marlow said...

This is ABSOLUTELY clever!!! I love that you used "toilet cleaner" for your bleach substitute!!! GENIUS! I think I have only attempted the bleach technique once, a long time ago, but you have inspired me to have a go at it again! I really enjoyed your post along with this lovely card explaining how you designed it. You did a fabulous job and can't wait to see more! HUGS ~PaperPajamas