Translate

22 June, 2015

Inspired by my favourite book

As You Like It challenge 56.

My favourite book at the moment is Kaffe Fassett's Kaleidoscope of Quilts.  I have had this book for a while and have just "re-discovered" it.  Apart from the gorgeous quilts, I like it for the way he puts weird colours & jumbled patterns together - ones I would never dream of choosing, but they
all look fabulous.  Also they are photographed on the island of Malta, so it also feels a little like going on holiday!  Always a good thing, seeing my quilt card is not photographed on Malta, but here in NZ in the middle of winter!

Diecut quilt from four "fabrics", juggled the bits, reassembled (just like a real quilt), and embossed for the quilting design.  Then I slashed it at an odd angle and reassembled around the edges of the card. 

I found it really difficult to work in these colours and generally I would class these papers as 'uglies', but KF's philosophy is just to use more of them!

I appreciate any comments, and Thanks for looking at my work.

Entered in As You Like It challenge
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card Carol and I understand completely how Kaffe Fassett came to be the inspiration for this. I have several of his needlepoint books that I thumb through from time to time. Thank you so much for playing at AYLI. Sarah :0)

creationsnz said...

Thanks, nice to know that someone knows what I'm talking about!

Anonymous said...

Great card carol love the colors looks very quilty Jude